The journal has been published since 1992 by the Iranian Fisheries Science Research Institute (IFSRI), Iran.
This journal provides Persian language forum for the publication of papers in the areas of fisheries science, marine biology, aquatic ecosystems, aquaculture and relevant socio-economics. The scope covers fisheries in salt, brackish and freshwater systems, and all aspects of associated ecology, environmental aspects, and economics. Both theoretical and practical papers are acceptable, including laboratory and field experimental studies relevant to fisheries sciences. Papers on the conservation of exploitable living resources are welcome. Review and Viewpoint articles are also published. As the specified areas inevitably impinge on and interrelate with each other, the approach of the journal is multidisciplinary, and authors are encouraged to emphasis the relevance of their own work to that of other disciplines.
Iranian Scientific Fisheries Journal charges a publication fee of 2.500.000 Rials, for peer review management, journal production and online hosting and archiving. The payment is due when Iranian Scientific Fisheries Journal accepts the article for publication. The corresponding author of the manuscript is responsible to pay the publication fee.
This is a process by which experts (as reviewers) evaluate scholarly the articles submitted to the journal. The objective is to ensure high quality published scientific results. However, peer reviewers do not make the final decision to accept or reject papers for publication. At most, they recommend a decision. The decision-making authority rests solely with The Journal editor and the journal’s editorial board. The Journal decision-making process includes the following steps:
- Registration in the Journal’s website by the corresponding author and providing the full affiliation of all authors. Hereinafter, the paper with the proper format, as requested by the journal, can be submitted to the journal.
- After a paper is submitted to the journal, the Journal’s editor and/or a member of editorial board screen the manuscript and decide whether or not to send it for full peer review. At this stage the paper may also send back to the author to reformat the paper or any other corrections (if any) to meet the minimum requirements of the Journal.
- Only after clearing the initial screening, three peer reviewers are allocated to review the manuscript. This is also done by the editor or by a member of the editorial board.
- The peer review is a double-blind process, which means that both the reviewers and authors identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process.
- The Journal’s editor considers the peer reviewers’ reports along with the evaluation form (completed by the reviewers) and make a final decision as follow:
- If at least two reviewers recommend rejecting the paper, then the editor may reject the paper at this stage.
- If at least one reviewer requests a major correction, then the paper is sent back to the author to provide corrections and/or appropriate responses to the reviewer’s comments.
- If any of the reviewers deny reviewing the paper or does not send their response about the paper within the predefined period of time, then another person will be assigned by the editor.
- As soon as the corrected version revision of the paper along with the responses to the reviewers’ comments are submitted to the journal (normally within two weeks), they will be checked by the editor and then are sent to one of the reviewers for final consideration and recommendation.
- Based on the full peer review steps the final decision is made by the editorial board.
- If a paper is rejected, the corresponding author will be formally informed by the Journal administrative office.
- A formal letter of acceptance is issued by the Journal’s office for the accepted papers. This letter is sent to the corresponding author after the authors pay the paper process fee of 2.500.000 IRR.
- The papers are published in the journal based on“first come first served” policy.
ISFJ Open Access Policy
All articles of the Journal are Open Access. Open access is the practice of providing free and unrestricted online access to the products of research. It is dramatically changing the world of scholarly publishing. We are proud to offer flexible publishing options for Iranian and international researchers who wish to make their research available as open access.
Iranian Scientific Fisheries Journal follows the terms outlined by the Creative Common's Attribution (CC-BY) to be the standard terms for Open Access.